We don’t know about you, but we are always searching for healthy and satisfying lunch ideas. One of our favorite salads for lunch is tabouli. The fresh parsley and lemon are so refreshing on a hot summer day. We loved this spin on tabouli from lifestyle blogger Elizabeth Rider, and thought we would share it with you!
This is a nice option for a gluten- free tabouli. Here, Elizabeth uses quinoa as an alternative to traditional bulgar wheat typically found in tabouli. Quinoa is not only gluten-free, but high in protein. We topped ours with some cubed, Sun-Ni Syrian Cheese and lunch is served!
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber, skin on, seeded and diced into small cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (like Real Salt brand)
Recipe: Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the garlic to the dressing and let it marinate while you prepare the other ingredients; discard the garlic halves before adding the rest of the ingredients. Fold in the rest of the ingredients and chill. Serve cold or room temperature.